Digby Wells Environmental provides premier environmental and social services to the mineral resources and energy industries in Africa.
We invite undergraduates registering for 1st, 2nd year, 3rd year and Post Graduate studies for the 2015 academic year, to apply for entrance to our bursary programme. This programme provides tertiary education access and employment for a selected number of learners who are academically capable and want a career in managing the environment.
Our bursary programme includes financial aid, comprising of tuition fees, a laptop, and book allowance. Learners, who will be inducted into the Company, will also receive paid vacation employment with practical training and on-site exposure, on-going mentorship from our highly experience staff and full-time employment on graduation.
• Learners must demonstrate academic potential;
• Learners must be South African citizens;
• Preference may be given to historically disadvantaged learners.
• Funding may only be awarded for full time study.
• The learners must demonstrate a high level of passion towards working outdoors, and want to contribute
and make a difference to the environment.
• The application process is highly competitive and potential applicants must be able to demonstrate both a
high degree of motivation and the preparation and ability required to complete their studies.
• Learners must be prepared to sign an employment contract with the company prior to the 2015 academic
APPROVED FIELDS OF STUDY
Students must be eligible and want to study towards a career in the Environmental Industry. As such the following fields study will be eligible for bursary support:
￼CONTACT DETAILS Tel: +27 11 789 9495
Fax: +27 11 789 9498
￼￼• BSc Environmental Sciences
• BSc Aquatic Health
• BSc Hydrogeology
• BSc Botany
• BSc Geography • BSc Zoology
• BSc Hydrology
Learners must have completed their first year of their chosen degree.
Only applicants who have obtained the following marks for Grade 12 or A Levels year will be considered:
• A minimum of 60% in Mathematics
• A minimum of 60% in English
• A minimum of 60% in Physical Science
You can obtain an application form with instructions by:
1. Sending an e-mail message (“Please send me a bursary application form”) to email@example.com
2. Downloading an application form from the Digby Wells website www.digbywells.com .
The closing date for submitting your completed application form with all supporting documents is 30 November 2014.